Table of Contents
From the last 20 years, video games are one of the things that have been successfully ripped and torn its way into people’s hearts and turn most of them into dedicated gamers. A video game is something once you fall for it, nothing can stop you to be a gamer.
And that is why the video gaming industry has been aggressively gaining popularity in the last few years. This industry emerged in the 1970s and has come a long way since then.
Here, in this article, we will tell you 10 Interesting Video Game Industry Statistics, Trends & Data of 2020. So, let us find out the dose of data, trends, and statistics of the video game industry! Also, you can check out this website 10scopes, if you want to grab on more updates about gaming.
Video Games Industry Data, Trends, and Statistics for 2020
The statistics, trends, and data of the video game industry changed year by year. And after analyzing the data, you will notice that this industry is growing and blooming day by day. And do you know what the exciting part about this data and statistics is? The exciting part is that you will never see shrinking in this industry. Here, in below, we have discussed 10 Interesting Video Game Industry Statistics, Trends & Data of 2020-
1. The Game Developers Developing Games from Platforms-
- 55% of games are developed for PC and Mac where people head to play most of the time.
- 40% of games are developed for Smartphones and Tablets.
- 25% of games are developed for VR Headsets.
- 23% of games are developing for Xbox one.
- 15% of games are developed for Web Browse.
- 8% of games are developed for Linux.
- 5% of games are developed for Apple TV.
- 4% of games are developing for Nintendo Switch.
2. Who Is Playing? The Gamers Overview
- In 2020, until now, the number of gamers all around the world is more than 2.7 billion.
- You will be amazed to hear that 70% of the general population of the U.S is gamers.
- The average age of gamers is male 33 and female 37.
- About 15% of the U.S gamer spends 10% of their income on gaming accessories.
- 14.1% of the male gamers motivated to play because of the cite competition on the flip side 16.2% of the female gamers play only for fantasy that they get from the game’s design.
3. Which Games Are Popular With Players?
Top 10 most popular video games of 2020-
- The Last of Us Part II
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Doom Eternal
- Half-Life: Alyx
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition
- Moving Out
- Murder by Numbers
4. Mobile Gaming
- The mobile gaming applications revenue will rise by 44% in 2020.
- In 2019, the U.S ranked first in mobile gaming applications by occupying 24% of shares whereas India took place with 14% shares.
- The Smartphone gaming revenues hit 20.5 billion euros in 2019 and the figure is expected to grow by 26.3% in the year 2021.
- The revenue earned last year from Tablet gaming is 6 billion euros and expectations are that it will increase by 42.3% in 2021.
- The most downloads and revenues record in the U.S for the iOS Apps and games is Netflix, the second is Pandora Music and on the list, YouTube owns the third-place.
5. What about Children?
What do you think? Are children fond of mobile gaming? Well, indeed. The below statistics will show you that-
- About 60% of the United States children prefer to play games on a console.
- 63% of children in the United States have access to mobile devices and they use this device to play video games.
- In the United States, from premium children’s games the mobile gaming industry earned 70% of the revenue.
- Research shows that most children in the U.S. spend a huge time of their leisure time playing video games.
6. Online Gaming
- Among the gamers of the United States, 42% of gamers do not subscribe to any gaming platforms and services.
- PlayStation Plus subscribers increased by 22.8% in 2019 and among the 39% of gamers are from the United States.
- PlayStation Plus has 26.4 million subscribers all around the world. On the flip side, the subscribers of Xbox Live Gold increased to 11.83 million.
- The other platform Steam has 17.68 million users all around the world right now where it had 11.83 million users in November 2017 which increased by 4%. The number of games in the gaming library of Steam is more than thirty thousand.
7. Gaming Video Content
- In the year 2019, compared to YouTube Gaming Live, Twitch has more users who streamed on this site simultaneously. Within the same period, this site had 15,000 users on the flip side; YouTube Gaming Live had only 9,300 users.
- The prize pool of $38 million was attracted by DOTA 2, the leading sports game of 2019.
- eSports generated $655 million in revenue from the market in 2019.
- Global eSports now has the biggest share of about 36% of shares all around the world.
9. Video Game Monetization
- According to research, it has been found that, in the United States, on a regular basis 20% of gamers pre-order video games before they come to the market.
- In the United States, 30% of all gamers do not subscribe to any paid video games on their gadgets.
- About 56% of the gamers of the U.S. buy video games from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- According to SuperData Research, the most preferred payment method for gamers, especially console gamers, was PayPal in the year 2019.
- According to another study, by the end of the year 2020, gamers will spend up to $4.5 billion on immersive gaming.
10. Console Gaming
- This year the highest console game seller is Sony’s PlayStation.
- The revenue generated from console gaming could be $61 billion by 2022.
- Console gaming could generate revenue by 2022 and the market share of console gaming will be increased to 28%.
Hopefully, after reading this article, now you know- 10 Interesting Video Game Industry Statistics, Trends & Data of 2020. And the statistics mentioned above give you a clear concept of how fast the video gaming industry is growing day by day and what we all can expect in the coming years of this industry.