Looking for a blazing-fast internet connectivity in every nook and cranny of your house by setting up Netgear EX2700 extender? Can’t you make the most out of your Netgear EX2700 extender? Here’s what you can do to perform the Netgear EX2700 setup on the fly. Let’s get started!
WiFi range extenders by Netgear are popular worldwide because of its smart features and seamless WiFi coverage. If you are looking to make your EX2700 up and running from the comfort of your home, go through this 3-min read tutorial.
Getting Started With Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup
Well, prior to kicking off the setup process, one of the important things you must keep in mind is to choose the center location of your house for your extender so that you don’t have to struggle with issues like no internet connectivity. Also, note this down that your extender must be installed in reach of your WiFi router.
Your Netgear EX2700 extender can be configured using different methods. In this post, we’re going to ring up the curtains from all the Netgear extender setup methods and out of these – you can choose any that suits you the best. Let’s start over!
Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup Using the Manual Method
- Unbox your Netgear EX2700 extender carefully without damaging its accessories.
- Then, plug the EX2700 device into a working wall outlet that is near to your WiFi router.
- Now, take out the Ethernet cable that came along with your extender. After that, plug one end of the cable carefully into the EX2700 and second end into your router.
- Turn them on and let the LEDs both on router and the extender become stable.
- Open a WiFi-enable device like PC, iPhone, iPad, laptop, or tablet. Make sure that the device (whichever you are using) is connected with Netgear range ext.
- Launch an updated internet browser and (without typos) enter www.mywifiext.net. Prior to accessing mywifiext setup page, be sure that you have cleared all the junk i.e. browsing history, cache, and the cookies from the web browser.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Type Netgear extender login credentials into the required fields. These details are default and can easily be found in your Netgear extender manual. On the off chance if you have changed the Netgear extender’s default login credentials, use them.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Netgear EX2700 setup with ease.
Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup Using WPS Method
This method is for those users who don’t wanna mess with wires or any kind of settings. Just walk through the Netgear range extender setup instructions using the WPS method given below:
Note: Prior to setting up Netgear extender using the WPS method, make sure that the EX2700 and your router support this feature.
- Power on your Netgear EX2700 range extender.
- Place the EX2700 device halfway between your main router.
- Now, push the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Then, push the WPS button on your main router.
- Once the connection is successful, the WPS LED on your extender will blink.
Thus, your Netgear WiFi extender has set up successfully using the WPS method. Now, you can log in to mywifiext and change the EX2700’s default settings, username and password.
These were the methods to set up Netgear extender. Just in case, you face any sort of issue during Netgear range extender setup, feel free to drop them in the comments section.