A disposable barbecue begun a new moorland fireplace just times right after hearth crews experienced to tackle a substantial blaze on Marsden moor.
Wednesday, 25th March 2020, 7: 01 pm
Up to date
On Wednesday, firefighters attended a significant fireplace in a West Yorkshire moorland.
When they arrived they recognized a disposable barbecue however smoking cigarettes, which had established the encompassing area alight.
The barbecue experienced been lit despite United kingdom ‘lockdown’ measures in location urging persons to remain in their residences to assist combat the coronavirus.
West Yorkshire Hearth and Rescue Company reported: “In spite of the latest steps in area with regards to Coronavirus AND us asking men and women to BeMoorAware nowadays we attended a significant fire in the open.
“On arrival Firefighters found a disposable barbecue continue to smoking, with the encompassing region alight.
“Luckily on this occasion we have been equipped to extinguish the fire quickly, but this could have resulted in an additional significant incident & necessary multiple methods.
“Make sure you #BeMoorAware & act responsibly when in the countryside & try to remember it is an offence to have a BBQ/Fire at spots across W.Yorkshire.”
On Monday, a mile prolonged hearth broke out on Marsden Moor.
It required fifteen fireplace crews to extinguish the blaze.