The pandemic situation has been beneficial for the ECommerce Industry. For the Ecommerce industry, the COVID -19 condition has been known as an inflection point. Even though it is the crisis period for most industries, a handful of the industry has witnessed unprecedented growth during this period.
Going by the market trend, it has been observed that there has been a change in the Ecommerce industry. The Ecommerce industry has also seen some changes, like flexible payment methods, excellent customer service, and cashless modes of payments. To get a competitive edge, Ecommerce has used social media, corporate social responsibility, and social media to a maximum extent.
The following trends are likely to be seen in the Ecommerce industry:
- Google becomes the New Marketplace: According to experts, more than 60% of shopping begins online. With the extensive use of Google, Google searches have accounted for 87.35%.
Hence Google plays a significant role and is an essential factor when it comes to online sales. However, if the company is not listed with Google, it will be challenging to grab the attention of customers.
Some of the methods using which you can improve your rank on Google are as follows:
- Most importantly, it would be best to create your target audience and thus analyze the traffic visiting your webpages.
Google Analytics can be beneficial as it gives you a detailed record of the people attending the sites. In addition to that, you can also research the likes and dislikes of people visiting your site and the amount of time spent online.
- Another tactic is to find out the onsite behavior of the site visitors to understand them better. These visitors are helping you to produce the highest revenues, hence figuring out their practice is worth it.
To maximize your profit, it is always good to figure out when and why the site visitors are withdrawing from visiting the sites. It will not only help you structure your ecommerce website, which will eventually help you to retain customers.
- With a great analysis of customers, your marketing planning can be reliable and more target-oriented.
- Researching your competitors: With Google being the new marketplace, it is crucial to examine your competitors’ behavior that holds high rankings on the Google page. Hence, replicating their marketing strategies is a good idea. While researching the visitors, look for answers to the following questions:
- What are the keywords used by your competitors?
2.How is the experience of visitors from other sites?
3.Some tools like SEMrush or SpyFu can help you carry out a detailed investigation, thus helping you get a competitive edge.
- You can draw a comparison with the keywords used by competitors and thus understand the cost per click and click-through rate.
- Go for low competition keywords and include them in HTML of your website, thus helping the Google visitors find your page without any hassle. With proper leverage of SEO trends, such as customizing your site for visual search and voice, your clientele will improve.
- Online Directories Listing: To grab the attention of people searching on the internet, the best way is to get yourself listed on online directories such as Google My Business. GMB is used by 64% of people to find business contact details.
- Creating a GMB account is very simple, thus keep yourself always listed to keep yourself updated. While registering your site, do not forget to include the essential data like your name, address and phone number, reviews of customers, hours of operation, and website address.
If you are successful in listing in online directories, you can easily convert prospects into clients, allowing them to shop from your store. Tripadvisor and Yelp are some other directories that also are used.
- Be Mobile Friendly: Most people use their mobiles whenever they have to do some Google searches. Hence, it is very crucial to become mobile-friendly. If your site can be easily accessed through the mobile device, you would get a more significant number of visitors.
It will also give the visitors excellent user experience. User experience is regarded as one of the best factors for ranking on Google.
Use the following ways to optimize your site and make it mobile-friendly:
- Firstly, you must Designhill a site that can be accessed using mobile phones.
- Give a unique shopping experience to the visitors.
- Make your site thumb-friendly by making the maximum use of white space.
- Guest checkouts should be allowed.
Finally, the above trends are shaping the E-commerce industry. You must go through the trends to understand them today!