Table of Contents
The first thing you must know about trek on Everest in the month of August is possible. You will be experiencing the adventurous trek during this month. In the same way Everest base camp trek is possible all year round because each and every month offers something variation in this region.
Everest base camp trek has always been the bucket list among the trekkers who want to aim for a lifetime experience across the world.This will be the most thrilling trek due to the adventurous nature with the green lush vegetation during the trek.
August is regarded as the off-season for trek in the Everest region of Nepal so that you will experience less crowd during trek. We can say that the trekking trails advantage is less crowded and you can enjoy peace. You must be prepared about some of the important things that is rain as it is the monsoon season in Nepal.
So in this month of August it usually rains in the night and early evening. If you are quite lucky then you can get to witness breathtaking views of the Mountain.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek in August
- Scenic and thrilling mountain flight to and from Lukla
- Getting to the foot of the highest mountain in the world, the Everest
- Clean air as the dust settles down due to rain
- A full gush of rivers and waterfalls
- Amazing biodiversity -various flowers and wild berries welcome you on the way
- Experience unique culture and lifestyle of the remote mountain region of Nepal
- Khumbu Glacier (largest glacier in Nepal)
- View of majestic snow-capped mountains like Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori etc
- Fewer crowds allowing you a quiet and peaceful time with nature
- Witness three of the biggest festivals in Nepal- Nag Panchami, Janai Purnima, and Gai Jatra.
Before you plan your trek to Everest Base Camp in August, there are variables to consider.
Weather and Temperature
Talking about the Temperature and weather in the month of August it represents the monsoon season. This month wil, be a bit humid and hot in August in Nepal. Talking about the average temperature level of this region goes from 3000 to 3500 above m that can even go up to 10 to 12 degree celsius at daytime. It even goes down to about minus 5 degree celsius at the night time.
In the lower regions of elevation 2000 to 3000 m above sea level of trek you can even expect the level of temperature above 18 degree celsius in the afternoon. It will go down to 8 degree celsius during the night time in Everest base camp trek.
You can experience the sunlight about 5 to 7 hours per day in this region. Talking about the rainfall it decreases as you start ascending to the higher elevation over 3500m above sea level. In fact, the weather condition including the temperature level of this region changes and even becomes a bit less stable in the higher elevation region. In the early morning it is very cold, even carrying minus 5 degree celsius so taking a sleeping bag is important.
In the down below there is a table which will show the temperature of various destinations during the time of trekking to Everest base camp in the month of August.
Some Useful Tips While Trekking to Everest Base Camp in August
- Always check the weather forecast and plan accordingly
- Wear light and breathable clothes that are moisture-wicking
- Trek early as it usually rains in the evening during August
- Do not forget to carry rain gears as the weather in the high altitudes is unpredictable
- During monsoon, you are prone to leeches and mosquitoes. So carry insect repellent
- Landslide, mudslide or flood may occur during the month of August. Hire a guide who can help you with navigation and choosing a safer path.
- The trials in August are often muddy and slippery. Having a porter will help you with the baggage. This way you can walk freely and maintain your balance while walking in the slippery trials.
- Walk slow and maintain your own pace to avoid the risk of altitude sickness.
- Keep buffer days in case of any delays and unplanned situations.
There cannot be any doubt that Everest base camp trek in the highest altitude region. So automatically there will always be a chance of getting altitude sickness. This is why due to the lack of oxygen pressure and its shortage in the higher elevation region.
Some of the variety of symptoms of AMS acute mountain sickness. There are things like dizziness, coughing,insomnia,nausea, breathlessness etc.
If you get any of the upper symptoms during the time of trek it will be best if you stop trekking above until you feel better. It will be better to treat the level of illness immediately with some of the necessary precautions that may not need to be neglected. If you ignore them then you may go to the very worst condition that you have ever expected.
Some of the important precautions that you will take to avoid altitude sickness during the time of walking. We recommend you to walk slowly and drink a bit of water,and the most important thing you shouldn’t take cigarettes and alcohol during this altitude sickness.If you stay hydrated and then you get more chances to recover that helps to reduce risk of altitude sickness. Make sure you don’t even take a single sip of alcohol as this can lead you to sd dehydration. You may face the altitude sickness in Everest High Pass Trek.
The month of August’s streak is completely filled with fun and challenges including thrill at the same time. The time of rainfall is usually a short duration that should bother us a lot. This time you can see less crowd and you don’t need to worry about the accommodation facilities during trekking in Everest base camp trek. This is also the month of monsoon and rainfall weather conditions where you can enjoy inside the jungle with the best blossoms of alpine flowers.