In today’s world, a myriad of businesses is blooming and being set up every day. Their success requires precise statistical calculations and minimal defects in different parts of the product, which is not an easy task. But with tools and new methods being constantly developed, such as Six Sigma, progress is being made. Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement, and with its help, about 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are free of defects. Following are some of its applications:
- Manufacturing – Waste reduction and increasing savings in various companies like Sony, Boeing, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Engineering and Construction- Reduction in construction time and construction waste by approximately 26.7% and 67%
- Finance- Improvement in accuracy of allocation of cash to reduce bank charges, reducing collector variation, automatic payments, and reducing credit defects.
- Supply Chain- The schematic diagram of the supply chain is being changed, ensuring quality control of products and guaranteeing delivery deadlines.
- Healthcare – To reduce the inventory of equipment that brings extra costs, altering the process of healthcare delivery to maximize efficiency and refine reimbursements.
The Six Sigma implementation in various leading companies has led to the development of different levels of certification, which is the level of proficiency. Green Belt Certification is given to someone with at least 3 years of work experience who seeks to demonstrate his or her knowledge of Six Sigma tools and processes.
Minimum Expectations from a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt:
- Operation under the Six Sigma Black Belt
- Analysis and problem solving of quality problems
- Being involved in quality improvement projects
- 3 years of work experience
- Participation in projects
- Knowledge to demonstrate Six Sigma tools
Examinations are conducted twice a year, in June and December, and each certification candidate is required to pass this examination that consists of multiple-choice questions.
A Green Belt certification comes in handy throughout India, extremely so in Bangalore since it is the IT hub of the country. Being the silicon valley of India, it is home to several billion-dollar Indian startups. Currently, there are 1155 Six Sigma Job openings in Bangalore on Naukri.com. So, getting a Green Belt certification in Bangalore will not just help you land a job but will also help you boost your salary.
Here are the benefits of a green belt certification for a career:
- Career Growth – The most common motive to obtain certification is career growth. Having the green belt certification provides endorsement to employers of having a specific and useful skill set. Huge, well-known companies require this skill set and are currently searching for employees who are green belt certified professionals.
- Standardization – The Green Belt certification helps to achieve a culture for improvement. Professionals fluent and trained in this have similar mindsets and know how to efficiently solve problems and reduce waste.
- Helps in Improving Leadership Qualities – Green Belt certification provides a thorough understanding of financial benefits and makes a person ready for leadership roles. With the techniques to cut costs and reduce waste and defects, you are on your way to becoming a good leader. These are desirable skills for middle and top-level management and Green Belt professionals stand a good chance of rising to the top positions.
- Improve Business Processes and Sustain Quality Improvement – A Green Belt certified professional understands the business processes of an organization. This allows him or her to measure, analyze, control, and improve them. This also means that he or she is capable to achieve continual quality improvement that a company needs, take corrective measures in a project, and ensure that there is be no deviation from the mean.
- Good Salary – Green belt certified professionals can get lucrative salaries, depending on the position in the company, ranging anywhere from Rs. 6,50,000 and Rs. 10,00,000 annually.
- Applicability Across Industries – Six Sigma techniques are extremely versatile and are applicable through a variety of industries, such as electronics, aerospace, banking, and financial services, IT, telecom, marketing, HR, and many more industries. Green Belt certification leads to better job prospects and a better salary. As a professional, one needs to acclimatize him or herself to the changing needs of the industry and learn to upgrade knowledge regardless of the industry he or she is a part of.
- Ensure Compliance – With Six Sigma, process errors are negligible, which has led to increasing popularity and demand for such professionals.
- Experience in Quality Management – Green Belt certification provides an opportunity to work on different hands-on projects, which implement principles to real-life situations. This guarantees one gains experience even before entering into the industry.
- Better Understanding – Numerous professionals have skills. However, if they are not formally trained in such scenarios, they may not efficiently work out the problems and might not focus on fixing the right issues. They do not know how to look for them. Formally trained Green Belt professionals work in teams and are efficient in solving such problems.
- Organizational Growth – A company needs a large number of professionals who are trained and understand the methodology. An organization can reach its goal and grow by eliminating defects and waste, which can be done by trained professionals who have good analytical skills.
- Help Organizations Reduce Errors- By being able to eliminate errors in the business processes of an organization, one can expect the organization to steadily grow and become more successful.
To summarize, obtaining a Green Belt Certification helps boost one’s career by opening up a variety of industries and job prospects, earning a good salary, respect in the industry, and helping the organization to achieve its goals. There are numerous training centers for Green belt Certification Bangalore and an even greater number of companies in Bangalore hiring for such professionals. With such skill, experience, and knowledge, a safe future is awaiting just around the corner.