Technology has become an integral part of almost all modern workplaces. It is nearly impossible to think of any modern workplace without it, largely because it has brought significant effectiveness and efficiency to modern businesses. However, at the same time, it has also exposed businesses to new challenges and threats. The chief among them is the threat of cyberattacks.
When we talk about the cybersecurity measures, SSL or Secured Socket Layer certificates are among the utmost importance measures. Any website is vulnerable without end-to-end encryption of user data, which can only be guaranteed with SSL certificates. That is what makes SSL certificates one of the foundation stones of web security.
Though the monetary cost of a cyberattack remains the most significant concern for companies, the effect on the brand’s reputation is another equation that cannot be ignored.
Now you must be wondering, from where do I get an SSL certificate? Do not worry. This article will tell you about one major SSL vendor you can approach to get your certificate. But before that, let us go through a brief introduction to SSL certificates.
What is SSL and SSL Certificate?
SSL is a cryptography protocol that aims to protect user data with strong encryption. An SSL certificate is your key to utilize the power of this protocol for protecting your user data and website.
All SSL certificates use public-key cryptography, which means that the data protected through them is encrypted through a public key and decrypted only through a private key that resides on your web server. That’s how SSL certificates make it nearly impossible for third parties (i.e. ISPs, governments, sophisticated cybercriminals, etc.) to intercept the data of your visitors by capturing data packets being exchanged between your server and the browser of your visitor.
In addition to that, every SSL certificate also activates a secured padlock on the site for which it has been installed by enabling secure client-server communication over HTTPS protocol instead of the default HTTP. That padlock becomes a unique identifier for your website, which helps your site differentiate itself from other sites created as a cloned version of your site on a similar-looking domain name dupe your visitors.
There are many vendors offering SSL Certificates in the market, and in such a situation, you would want to go with the cheapest yet most reliable one. ClickSSL is a vendor where you can get the best SSL certificates as per your requirements with the strongest encryption and most reasonable prices. Let us learn more about them!
About the company
Clickssl.net is a legally verified and authorized seller of SSL Certificates that provides brands with trusted SSL Certificates at unbeatable prices. Founded in the year 2009 in Delaware, USA, it has helped thousands of small, big, and medium brands for over a decade to take their cybersecurity to the next level with the best SSL Certificates. ClickSSL is a platinum partner of leading SSL certificate authorities (CAS), and that is how they provide the best SSL certificates to encrypt your data and establish faith amongst your clients and customers.
Get a broad spectrum of SSL certificate products that can be used to secure a single website, subdomains, multiple websites, mail servers, or even software. We offer eight different types of certificates with the strongest encryption, highest browser compatibility, and unlimited re-issuance. They include:
- Single Domain SSL Certificates: These certificates are designed to protect a single domain only.
- Wildcard SSL Certificates: These cost-effective certificates protect your root domain and all the subdomains created one-level below it.
- SAN/ Multiple Domain Certificates: These SSL certificates help you protect all your domains as well as subdomains with one certificate. The certificate allows to secure up to 98 extra SANs in a single certificate.
- Domain Validated Certificates (DV SSL): These certificates validate only the domain ownership, making certificate issuance easy and quick.
- Organization Validated Certificates (OV SSL): These establish business credibility by validating the existence of business in addition to domain ownership. These are issued only after examining your business’s registration details with the database of a government agency. Needless to say, they tend to be more secure than DV certificates.
- Extended Validation Certificates (EV SSL): These certificates display the ‘Company Name’ upon clicking on a padlock, increasing your business’s trustworthiness, and boosting sales. As a result, the process of their issuance involves the highest degree of checks and verifications. Such EV SSL comes with a multi-domain feature also to save customers’ money.
- Exchange SSL: It is ideal for encryption of Microsoft exchange services and MS office communication services like mail, outlook, webmail, and auto-discover services.
- Code Signing Certificates: These certificates prove code authenticity and ensure against the alteration of codes and assist in analyzing if the software is safe to download.
Clickssl.net offers certificates from the most trusted CAs like Symantec, DigiCert, Comodo, RapidSSL, Thawte, GeoTrust at a competitive price. Their prices are up to 79% low as compared to other vendors, and if their products do not meet your expectation, you can return them prior to 30 days of purchase with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Finally, what makes ClickSSL stand out among the other SSL certificate vendors is the expert customer service available round the clock (24×7) to help you find suitable solutions to your queries. There are several ways ClickSSL offers to provide support such as chat, mail, and a ticket system so that your problems do not go unheard.
Buying and Installing an SSL certificate
To buy a cheap SSL certificate, you first need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on your server from the Control Panel of your Host. This request file contains some public information about your organization, key size, city, location, state, email address, etc. The private key is also generated with the CSR.
After generating the CSR. Next, copy this CSR code from the host and upload it on ClickSSL. Upon uploading your request code, the provider asks you to finish the configuration process and finally, valid the domain name with given methods.
After that, you will get a zip file in the email and that is your SSL certificate. You need to unzip the file and install it on your server with an intermediate and root certificate.
The server will verify the certificate details, and upon successful installation, show you a success message.
The last step is to set a permanent 301 redirect from your site’s HTTP version to the SSL-based HTTPS version. This is done in order to force the loading of your website only on HTTPS.
Note that this is just a general overview of the whole process and not a step-by-step guide. The exact process may vary from server to server, so make sure to check it on your host’s website before you proceed.
With inherent core values like security, diversity, authenticity, and quality, Clickssl.net provides the best cheap SSL certificates at unbeatable prices. The mix of cost and quality makes ClickSSL a highly trusted and recognized brand in the SSL industry. From security to authentication, ClickSSL has everything in store for you to assist you in protecting yourself from data breach and third-party access of your private data. Purchase your certificate today and start protecting your website and your visitors. All the best!