Who all are excited about Diwali? Okay, that was a lame question, because everyone surely waits for this festival all year long. And why wouldn’t we? We get to wear new clothes, exchange Diwali gifts, meet people we have been longing to meet all year long, and yes, how can we miss on crackers bursting parts (i know sometimes it’s annoying too). Diwali is sure to be a festival of lights, decoration, and crackers, and lots of food. But what we often forget is that it’s a festival of sharing happiness amongst friends, family, and everyone’s. It is one of those occasions which is celebrated by all the religions irrespective of the fact that it is a Hindu festival. I mean that is the charm of Diwali. It unites everyone with a simple message that is to defeat evil.
Waiting for Diwali also means expecting guests any time soon. Visiting each other on this day and presenting Diwali gifts and Diwali sweets is a big part and your loved ones make sure that they pay you a visit. Some of you may have even started welcoming guests over to their place. Well, I enjoy having people at my place. But the thing that always puts me in a dilemma is that when my friends or any family member comes over and is presenting me pretty gifts, I have no idea what I can present them to eat. You need some snacks or sweets to entertain your guests, right? To be honest, I have no experience with cooking, so I need really simple recipes that I can easily conquer. I’m sure some of you may have the same problem. That is why I have come up with this really delicious yet simple recipe that anyone can prepare at home. For an amazing snaking hour, you can totally try the recipe of Hara bhara kebab. This version here contains soy as it makes it more delectable. I have tried this recipe many times now, and everytime it gives out amazing kebabs that won’t make you spend the whole day in the kitchen. The good news is that these kebabs not only make for a delicious recipe but are healthier than the restaurant version.
Anyone here who Wants to impress your guests with your cooking skills? Have a look at this recipe and definitely give it a try this festive season.
- 1 cup Soya Granules
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 2 cups chopped Spinach
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 2 tablespoons Besan or Chickpea Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Oil (divided)
- Start by soaking the soya granules in hot water and keep them aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and heat it. Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, and green chilies, saute it for a minute or two, and till it’s all fragrant, and then add salt and green peas.
Peas take time to cook, so cover it and wait for 8-10 minutes.
- After that, add spinach and Amchoor (raw mango powder) and saute till the spinach is wilted completely. It will take about 2-3 minutes only. Now, keep it aside to cool.
- Take another pan and dry roast the besan (chickpea flour) till the flour changes its color to light brown, and your kitchen is filled with a nutty aroma. Be careful else, you might end up burning the flour.
- Remember, we soaked soya granules? Time to strain them, and squeeze out the water properly to add them in the grinder and grind well along with sauteed spinach and green peas. Pulse a few times so that the mixture is mixed thoroughly but is still coarse.
- Now, transfer this churned mixture to a bowl, also add the roasted besan (chickpea flour). With clean hands, start shaping the mixture into flat circles or Tikkis, and set them aside.
- Time to fry those flat circles. Heat up the remaining oil in a nonstick pan. Now, add a few Tikkis or as many as fit into the pan without crowding and you can handle with ease. Deep fry them on both sides equally till golden brown. It will take approx. 6-8 minutes.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining Tikkis too.
- Tada, your soya Hara bhara kababs are ready! Serve hot along with green mint and coriander chutney or ketchup.
- So, next time you are looking for diwali gift express delivery and family, look out for these ingredients too because you would need a recipe to amaze your guests when they visit you on Diwali eve. Even the beginners can try the recipe as everything single step is mentioned in the preparation method to simplify for your ease.