Suction cups are being in used for centuries as they play an important role in our daily life and make our tasks easier. They are mostly made up of rubber and plastic material. They look like half spheres. They have magical applications. It works by attaching to the surface through atmospheric pressure and grip the item firmly.
The material of suction cup:
Suction cups are normally made up of soft rubber or plastic material. But for different purposes, the material of this cup varies. While choosing a suction cup some points should keep in mind i.e. its abrasion resistance, coil resistances, firm grip, and food safety. These depend on the material of the suction cup. Some other material names with which this cup can be made are NBR, Silicone, Polyurethane, and Viton, these materials vary in various aspects as some have high-temperature resistance while others have not some are water resistance, and some of them have excellent binding capacity. You can also buy suction cups with screws for better results.
You can buy according to your need and you also order customized suction cups according to your requirement.
On what surfaces it binds?
It binds better on smooth, non-porous, and clear surfaces, while it will not attach to rough surfaces.
Here are some of its accessories without which it can’t work properly. Forbearing lightweight only these cups are enough, but if you need to add some heavyweight then this suction cup alone is not enough we need a suction cup with a screw and other supporting material for it. There is no need to worry because in the market such cups are available on which screw on section cups are present by default.
How to attach the cup accurately?
You have also experienced that if we don’t attach the suction cup accurately it remain bind for a short period while if we fix it in the right way it will serve you for years.
So here its actual technique for binding it with the surface:
- First, clean the surface with soap, wash it thoroughly, and let it dry.
- Now wash the suction cup with warm water and dry the excess water.
- Then attach the cup with the surface firmly and press it with full force.
- Let the suction cup for 24 hours to set and then add weight to it.
Now with the advancement of technology, you can also order a suction cup according to your requirement. As they have a large number of applications. Some of them are as below:
- They are used to carry heavy glasses or other items as they divided the weight.
- They are used in cars with blinds to cover the glass and save the car from the scorching heat of the sun.
- We used them in our kitchens, rooms, and washrooms for hanging boxes to place our items in them.
- They are also present with some decoration pieces to adhere to them on the wall.
- They have also industrial applications for moving and fixing heavyweight items and machines.
In short, it is a very important item in all aspects. Its durability depends on the elasticity and adheres capacity of the material.