Table of Contents
Choosing the right path for your career may be difficult when you are confused or not enough knowledge about the profession. It is already known that people want to move on in the profession where they see growth, job security, industry value, and pay rate.
Become a content strategist is a productive career as content marketers are in high demand more than ever before as industry experts are investing their money to make their online presence.
Content marketing is all about providing high-quality, valuable information to current as well as potential customers to build consumer trust, branding, relationships, and awareness.
7 Effective Reasons for Choosing Content Marketing Profession
On the recession side, long-term prospects for content marketing are bright. The industry has been growing at a 16% compound annual growth rate since 2016. The jobs have been plentiful and a recent survey of B2B marketers found that 69% has documented content marketing strategies for 2021 up from 62% in 2018.
Before content marketing, the career options for those who love to write were limited. But now the industry changes and chose to be journalist would be seen as safe and secure.
According to business insiders, there were 7,800 layoffs in the media industry in 2019 only.
Join a forward-thinking career
According to Chatonic Content marketing is still pretty new and constantly changing from time to time.
Companies that use content marketing will see lots of changes in both marketing methods and technologies in the means of innovating new ways of executing content marketing.
Use your creative mind
Content marketing is all about finding innovative ways to market information and ideas.
The prime goal is: connect to your audience to attain traffic and leads.
Being a content marketer, you get an opportunity to use your creativity to create great content: begin from blogs on different niches and videos, to social media contests and infographics.
Inventive and enjoy a variety
A content marketing strategist is a dynamic person, who will be able to bring new ideas to write and work every single day.
The way doesn’t matter for content marketers to write content on different topics.
Connect with network and others
As a content marketer it is your job to ask the right questions, find value marketing insights, and newsworthy stories.
Whether you are working online or in person, working in content marketing will connect you with a wide range of people in the industry. It is a great way to build your network.
Great content helps business influence conversions
Content marketing strategy assists the business to improve website conversions:
- Content marketing provides a conversion rate of about 6 times more than other digital marketing methods.
- After recommendations on the blog, 61% of online consumers in the U.S. decided to make a purchase.
- As per the 74% survey of companies, content marketing has increased their marketing leads, both in quality and quantity.
Skills you need to succeed as a content marketer
- The ability to collaborate across teams and departments
- Experience with content management software such as Drupal, Blogger, and WordPress
- Writing and editing skills
- Previous marketing experience(not mandatory)
- Knowledge and a good understanding of sales and marketing structure
- Experience with search Engines Optimization tools such as Google AdWords, link building, and Google Analytics
- Skills in creating video content
- Tech-savvy and experience with all of the major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.