The current day food dehydrator, which is only limited by your creativity, has been created to dry various fruits and vegetables by controlling the temperature to ensure uniform and constant drying throughout the process. And since they are simple to use, economical to operate and provide a healthier option than store-bought foods, these practical kitchen machines are swiftly becoming a home staple across Australia. So, here are five reasons why you should buy a food dehydrator:
- Foods That Have Been Dehydrated Are Delicious
Fruits, vegetables, and meat are naturally concentrated, rich, and delectable when dehydrated. And for that you can buy quality products like Excalibur dehydrators in Australia. Not only that, but when you prepare your meals, you can be sure of the quality and freshness of the ingredients you are using as opposed to consuming dried goods from the grocery store.
- Decrease Food Waste While Increasing Shelf Life
With a dehydrator, you’ll never waste food again, as it is possible to prolong the shelf life of leftover fruits and vegetables by dehydrating them, for up to two years! So, here are just a few examples of how you may decrease food waste by preserving food with a dehydrator and keeping your pantry filled all year long while also saving money in the process:
- Manage a more extensive vegetable or herb garden without having to worry about food going to waste. As such, you can use the dehydrator to dry your herbs or create veggie chips instead of throwing them away. Meanwhile, a few vegetables that are particularly well-suited for dehydrating are kale, beets, turnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans.
- You can purchase in bulk during the peak season to save money for your family. For example, you could purchase a tray of mangoes amid summer, dry them, and enjoy fresh mango smoothies in the middle of January!
- You can transform things that might generally perish, such as the neglected fruit in the back of your refrigerator, into wonderful nutritious treats and snacks, such as fruit leathers, by freezing them first.
In addition, dehydrated food may be “rehydrated” by simply adding water to it or including it into soups, casseroles, stews, or pasta sauces.
- Make Healthy Food
Not only is it 100 per cent natural since it uses only one component, but you also get the benefits of all the minerals and fibre included in the entire fruit. And unlike boiling or steaming, you don’t lose any of the nutritional value in dehydrated foods. Besides, the process of dehydrating will alter your perspective on eating. As such, most raw fruits and vegetables may be converted into delectable and nutritious snacks and delights. Also, the use of a dehydrator allows you to create healthy alternatives to processed meals, and the choices are almost unlimited! Sultanas, dried herbs, dates, and a slew of other dried foods are available for purchase or made at home; you may be astonished at the number of dry foods you eat.
- Cost-Cutting Measures
Processed, store-bought snacks may be prohibitively costly, while organic dehydrated foods are sometimes expensive in Australia. But, it is possible to save a significant amount of money by utilising your food dehydrator, buying fresh food products in bulk when they are in season, or growing your vegetables. Not only that, but when you get products like Excalibur dehydrators in Australia you’ll know that they are incredibly efficient in terms of operating costs. So, take advantage of the specials at your local grocery shop or farmer’s market, and don’t forget to dry your items and preserve them for later use.
- Efficient Archiving of Food
Dried foods need less than one-sixth of the space required for their original storage and do not require the constant electricity consumption of a refrigerator or freezer. As such, you can keep them in your pantry for the ideal on-the-go snack. And because of the considerable decrease in size, you can cram a large number of preserves into a small space, which is particularly advantageous for camping and hiking, among other activities.