We all know that the keto diet is one of the best and effective plans of all ages. It allows the body to get rid of all unwanted fat from your body and keep you healthy and fit all day. According to recent studies, it has been claimed that a keto diet provides both pros and cons. However, there are some practical ways to overcome the side effects of the keto diet. Let’s have a look at some of the effective methods.
Eat More Alkaline Foods
Have you ever thought about how exactly can a person eat a diet that is both alkaline and allows the body to stay in the state of ketosis? If you want to know what is the keto and how it affects your body? There is a great need to avoid eating the food items that are high in carbs.
However, it is essential to add in plenty low-carb alkalizing choices to a keto diet for optimal benefits or prevention of side effects. It is recommended that nutrient-dense foods such as avocado and dark, leafy greens.
Here is a list of no-carb to moderately low-carb foods that you can include in an alkaline ketogenic diet:
- Greens such as kale, chard, beet greens, spinach, wheatgrass, dandelion, alfalfa grass, etc.
- Some other non-starchy veggies and herbs such as mushrooms, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, avocado, jicama, oregano, broccoli, garlic, ginger, endive, cabbage, celery, zucchini, green beans, and asparagus.
- You can also try to consume a good portion of the produce raw and only lightly cooked as raw foods help high supply levels of alkalizing minerals.
- You can also add in other superfoods such as maca, spirulina, sea veggie, green powder mixes that contain chlorophyll.
- Healthy keto foods such as coconut oil and virgin olive oil are also best for you. Fats found in wild-caught fish, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, nuts, seeds or organic grass-fed butter are useful additions to the diet.
- Smaller amounts of starchy plants such as sweet turnips potato and beets can include in the diet. These foods should be kept to lower amounts due to containing more sugar and carbs.
However, it is not recommended to eat a large number of fruits and veggies that taste sweet to maintain ketosis. Moreover, working towards reaching a more alkaline and ketogenic state, you can also try to minimize and exclude the following foods:
- All sources of added sugar
- Most dairy products
- Try only to have eggs, lentils and nuts
- Other processed foods that contain lots of sodium and sugar
Manage Stress and Rest Enough
Addressing the significant sources of physical or emotional stress in the life is essential for healing underlying hormonal imbalances and fertility issues. Your primary aim is to get 7–9 hours of sleep each night. It reset your hormones daily. It is essential to keep in mind that lack of sleep can affect your digestion, appetite or energy levels.
Some of the effective ways to manage stress comprise getting enough moderate movement or exercise, yoga or meditation, taking slow walks outside, being more social by joining some group or team and resting more etc.
If the body is having a hard time adjusting to a keto diet, it is recommended to eat more fibre, nuts, seeds and vegetables. Along with this, there is a great need to drink enough water to help hydrate the intestines to relieve constipation. Start your day with a big glass of hot water with lemon as well as a pinch of cayenne pepper. Check this link to read the complete guideline for the people following a candida diet with a keto diet.
Try Crescendo Fasting
There are different ways to practice intermittent fasting. Some courses are less likely to trigger side effects such as fatigue or cravings. It is essential to know that crescendo fasting allows you to break from fasting throughout your week, is still very helpful for achieving the benefits of IMF.
Moreover, stick to light exercise or yoga on fasting days to reduce feeling exhausted and hungry, keeping higher intensity activities for the non-fasting days. However, this approach allows for more dietary and lifestyle moderation.