Pursuing an MBA can be a step forward in establishing a solid career in Business Management, especially after you complete your undergraduate studies. Such a professional degree course is the best option for people who want to specialize in certain fields and acquire skills to become successful managers. Also, an MBA degree can enable students to switch careers and provide the best platform to establish a professional network. However, the scope of an MBA is not limited to one state. Apart from New Zealand, the UK, Canada, and the US, Singapore is one of the famous places to pursue your MBA. Continue to read
Why is Singapore the best place to study MBS?
Singapore is one of the most appealing study destinations for Indian students. Understandably, the universities in Singapore admit students based on their academic records instead of entrance tests. That makes them more famous among fresh graduates. Other reasons why Indian students consider Singapore as their ideal study place include:
- Non-tolerance policy for ragging and drug abuse by the Singaporean government assures students of having a safe study environment.
- Singapore provides the best business environments in the Asian continent, offering students the potential for employment opportunities.
- Students can work approximately 16 hours a week to access economical support.
- Singapore has affordable educational expenses similar to Indian universities.
- Singapore prides itself in having some of the best institutions within the Asia Pacific area.
- The students in Singapore come from more than 30 countries, making the education system in this state offer a global experience.
Eligibility criteria for MBS in Singapore for Indian students
- IELTS/TOEFL scores are needed for the applicants who might not have done undergraduate studies in English
- A section of universities consider GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT scores
- You must have attained a CGPA of at least 2.8 at the graduation level
- At least two years of working experience
- The application should have attained a bachelor’s degree from an institution with a sound academic record.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores
- A minimum score of 6.5 for the IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 in every sub-test of writing, reading, listening, and speaking
- The computer-based test need a minimum score of 237
- For the paper-based test, you should attain a minimum score of 580
- Internet-based test needed 85-90 and at least 22-24 in the writing section
Documents needed for MBA students
- Passport-sized photographs
- GMAT/ IELTS, TOEFL, and GRE depending on the specific criteria
- Medical reports
- Documents for co-curricular awards, activities, and recognition
- Financial aid application or tuition grant
- Previous academic records
- Student pass ( only applicable for non-Singapore citizens)
- Receipt of payment for the application fees
- Resume, Letter of recommendation, Statement of purpose according to the institution guidelines
Normally the application varies from one university to another. However, the following are the general steps that you can follow:
- Download an application form from the official site of your preferred university/ institution
- After reading the instructions, start filling the form
- Submit all the required documents
- Pay the application fees using the provided payment method, including cheque, PayPal, or debit/credit card.
- After submission, you can wait for an interview that can take physically or online.
- Apply for your student visa
- After receiving the admission letter, you can prepare to start your MBA in Singapore for Indian students.
Tuition fees for MBA
The average tuition fee for MBA is approximately S$30,000, and based on the institution, the lowest one’s costs around S$15,000. However, you should know that the tuition fees will not determine the quality of the master’s program that you receive.